If the photo displayed has any associated comments, an i symbol will be shown at the top left of the photo frame. To view the comment 'click' this symbol...
Swap ID: 07796Lake Macquarie, NSW, Australia
(See location map below...)
Type of Home: House
Location: Beach/Coastal, Bush/Forest, City/Suburbs, River/Creek/Lake
Preferred Swap Length: Short Term (up to 4 wks), School Holidays, Weekends, Christmas, Easter
Open to any Destination: Yes
You need to first to send this member a message....
* Dad 50's. Mum 40's.
* Girl 12. Boy 15.
* Introducing ...."THE LAKEHOUSE - ROCKY POINT".......Eleebana NSW...............................
* Purchased this home in 1998.
* Early 2009, we knocked out walls and went ultra modern / open plan. Still a way to go....we are 85% there.
* Both of us work (Sales & marketing roles primarily)
* Children go to local schools and son works p/t at Macca's.
* During holidays, dad is into his longboard and son loves bodyboarding.
* The girls love to hit the shops and the beach or pool.
* We believe our home could be ideal for expat Novocastrians who need to return to The Hunter Region regularly to visit family. This way, you have your own space and can really treat your break as a holiday.
* Alternatively, our property would suit a family coming here regularly for Hunter Region sporting events.
Type: House, Bathrooms: 2, Bedrooms: 4, Sleeps: 8
About our House: * For fun, we refer to this place as "THE LAKEHOUSE - ROCKY POINT".
* Rocky Point is a unique part of the suburb of Eleebana, where less than 100 homes sit between the lake and the main road around Lake Macquarie. There are very few locations like this (on the eastern/ocean side of Lake Macquarie, where you don't have to cross a main road to get to the water's edge).
* The lookout at Rocky Point offers one of the most expansive views of Lake Macquarie ( only 200m from THE LAKEHOUSE).
* Google earth or nearmap.com will reveal much more.
* The stand out feature of THE LAKEHOUSE is the 80 square metre patio/ timber deck with excellent views of the lake, only 120 metres away at the end of the cul de sac.
* Good lake access at the bottom of the cul de sac means you can walk down with your water craft, or if you bring a boat, there are large public boat ramps very close to the north and south.
* As mentioned, THE LAKEHOUSE is on the ocean/eastern side of the lake. This means that when sea breezes kick in during summer a smooth surface is created for skiing, fishing, wake boarding, or whatever you are into. World Champions practice their sport right at the end of our street in Croudace Bay. On weekends and holidays, the sights and sounds create quite a resort feel when you are lying back in the hammock, or dining on the deck under that huge umbrella.
* Truthfully, there is 'some' traffic noise from the 2 lane road up behind our back fence. Most visitors comment that it's not really intrusive. Certainly, from out front on the deck (where the view is), it's very low background noise.
* The main (inside) photo shows only a portion of the open plan kitchen/lounge area which is 6m x 9m. This area spills onto the patio/deck and the view can be enjoyed from the inside lounge.
* Also in this photo, you will see a modern dining room seating 8 and a designated office nook which seats 2 at a dual computer bench.
* A Telstra 'Gateway' delivers wireless broadband throughout the house.
* Most of our cooking is done on the deck in a hooded gas bottle BBQ.
* Downstairs at front is the 4th bedroom and a double garage.
* One photo shows a 5 speed Peugeot 307 which could be a swapper if needed. The Peauget is parked on a flat area that is perfect for parking your boat or car washing. (note there is a netball hoop attached to the deck above the car).
* The rear yard is leafy, with lots of grass, trampoline and clothes hoist.
* A 2nd drive runs up the right side to a single carport.
* Rooftop, a 10 Kw Photovoltaic Solar array sends power back to the grid.
* There's a strong emphasis on natural light.
* Walls and ceilings are insulated.
* Lake edge - So close you could almost throw your line in.
* Visit Lake Macquarie City Council web site for detailed information www.lakemac.com.au
* Lake Macquarie is home to 200,000 people .
* The lake shoreline in approx 170 km, making it 4 times larger than Sydney Harbour.
* Lake Macquarie City Council have worked hard to create a healthy lifestyle environment, with walking paths everywhere. The lake is cleaner than ever and fish stocks are up since the demise of commercial fishing.
* Warners Bay (shops, cafes) - 5 mins in car or walk via water's edge in 20 mins.
* Redhead Beach - 12 mins.
* Blacksmiths Beach - 14 mins.
* Caves Beach - 22 mins.
* Westfield Kotara (inc. David Jones) - 15 mins.
* Charlestown Square ( GPT managed inc. Myer) - 12 mins.
* Lake Macquarie Yacht Club - 9 mins.
* Belmont 16' Skiff Club - 7 mins.
* Newcastle CBD and the working/industrial harbour - 30 mins ( 40 in working week day peak times).
* Port Stephens - 60 mins.
* Newcastle Airport - 40 mins.
* Hunter Vineyards - 60 mins.
* Sydney - 120 mins